Wednesday, January 7, 2009

'Yes' Man.

So today, I went to watch the movie 'Yes Man'. Once we got to the cinemas, the line was like SO LONG...as long as from first thought, that it'll take at least an hour to get through (but fortunately, we got our tickets within 20 minutes). Anyway, my opinions of the movie.

Rating: 8/10

Jim Carrey was HILARIOUS. He was so perfect for the role in the movie! Although the plot of the story was quite easy to grasp (basically, he said no to all opportunities that came his way, but after a seminar that influenced him to say yes to everything, he swung open doors and was open to all things without any thoughts about the consequences involved), he did a great job of it. I personally enjoyed this more because he spoke (or attempted to speak) Korean after saying yes to an ad that promoted a class for the language... aahha, oh my obsession *insert odd smiley here*.

Anyway, the moral/s of the film... to not shut yourself from the world, accept those opportunities that come your way that you believe will be enjoyable, fun and worthwhile for yourself, to be able to say no to things and opportunities you believe will do you no good in any way and do the things you like/love or take up activities you want to try to do as this builds your skills/knowledge no matter how well you think you are with it (they will definitely help in situations you least expect them to). There may be more but teaching the philosophy of life isn't my thing.

A sort-of memorable quote:
"I do want to take guitar lessons. I do want to learn how to fly. Yes, I would like to learn Korean." - When Carl stands in front of many ads with opportunities all open for him to accept (which he does to the above mentioned).

...running while taking pictures, blurry photos may become the thing in the future. (You'll know what I mean when you see the film) - in relation to a combination of photography and exercising. Maybe I should try that one day... actually, I should master taking photos standing still first.

PS. Look what I stumbled upon!

'Yes Man' enters Aussie chart at No.1
Jim Carrey's latest vehicle Yes Man has topped the Australian box office chart.
The Peyton Reed-helmed slapstick comedy knocks Brad Pitt's The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button into second place.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a140444/yes-man-enters-aussie-chart-at-no1.html

GO WATCH IT (if you haven't already... and if you're disappointed, don't blame me. I'm a fan of comedy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment