Friday, April 24, 2009

kpop sarang.

SNSD - Gee








Since the first time I heard the song 'Milky Way' by BoA, I realised that korean music was awesome! It's not that I understand what they are singing about (nor do I get what some English songs do mean either) but the way they construct their music is so unique, addictive and FUN to dance to. Wasn't there a korean wave or trend that happened (or is still happening?) I thought I was the only one (or one of few) who discovered a 'sarang' for this music but in actual fact, many people also knew about it and enjoyed it as much as I do.

At the moment, I have 5.65 GB of music, 95% is korean, 3% is chinese, 1.5% is english and 0.5% is japanese. Woow. Even I'm amazed by the figures... well, sort of. It's not always that I listen to kpop though since I have phases of my own where I tune into other sorts of music from my cultural music list. There was a time when I only listened to chinese (canto and mando) songs, whereas another was only listening to english and ...house? music (stuff like from Cascada, DHT, Groove Coverage...) BUT that was only through playing DDR. Oh, and I did actually find DDR songs to listen to after playing the game on PS.

I wonder if it's dull with this post being about music.

Anyway, here's a brief list of what songs I currently like (random order and are all kpop hence the title):

- SNSD : Gee
- Super Junior : Sorry Sorry
- Bae Seul Ki : Tiresome
- Big Bang : Sunset Glow

- Boys Over Flowers OST (the songs remind me of the drama ...*hearts*):
-- SS501 : Because I'm Stupid
-- SHINee : Stand By Me
-- T-Max : Paradise
-- Ashily : Lucky
-- SS501 : Making A Lover

Here's some links where you can find kpop (and other media) - the places I usually go to first:
On another note, korean variety shows are the love as well! :D

It is time for il bak ... ee! (1 night 2 days) to those clueless about my infatuation with 6 guys and travelling/camping around South Korea in any weather, condition and location possible. ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment